martedì 5 agosto 2008

Hypo Christians intie



Back again with another intie, this time with the grindcore crushing duo called "Hypo Christians" from Texas, USA, check them out

1- Hey guys! How's life?

We have a hurricane coming right at us while i'm answering this interrogation so other than that things are ok.

2- Introduce us to Hypo Christians, how long have you been playing? How many records you have so far? I heard the tracks on myspace from the upcoming album and i really liked them, they remind me a bit of Bile and some goregrind bands, when will it come out? Who will release it? What are the next plans after "Terror during prayer"?

HC was formed by Francisco(me) and Ray back in 94. From 95 to 2004 I was the only member of the band. I released lots of tapes, split tapes, compilations, etc. In 2005 Sal(vocals), Ruben(bass), and Billy(guitar) joined. This line up has recorded two 7inches and 1 LP. DOn't know who the hell Bile is. Goregrind? hahaha!! OUr LP will be out hopefully by year's end. CD version will be released by Menace to SObriety . LP version will be released by Haunted Hotel Records. More recordings to come.

3- How you first discovered grindcore and extreme music? What are your favourite bands? Top 5 grindcore albums?Do you think that grindcore nowadays is dead?

I got into extreme grindcore back in the late 80's by reading about bands in magazines and also from friends. I hate top 5 questions but probably my all time favorite grindcore album is "Reek of Putrefaction". I don't keep up with many bands these days. I hear all kinds of bands calling themselves grindcore but doesn't sound like grindcore to me. There is one band that is somewhat newer that i really enjoy. It is PLF from Houston, TX. Other than that i don't give a shit.

4- I was always amazed by the amazing drawings by Ray, they remind me of Pushead's work, what other artists influence your drawings?

Ray rules! He and i have been friends for 20 years or so and ever since i have know him he has been able to draw sick fucking artwork. He is definitely influenced by Pushead but that's definitely a good thing. OUr Lp cover was drawn by our friend Robert Mena. This is one sick individual. I'm pretty sure these are the only two artists that I will ever ask to do artwork for HC.

5- What about gigs in the USA? Do you play a lot of gigs there? What bands would you like to play with?

We've played some shows. NOt too many. I don't have any preference as to who I'd like to play with but we've played with some cool bands like Lethal Aggression, Insecticide, Deceased, Endless Demise, PLF, and others.

6- Where does your hate from Christianity comes from? Do you think the Vatican should be nuked?

If you grow up in Texas christianity is forced on you from birth. Never cared for someone trying to tell me how to live my life. I don't care for any religion but since christianity is what is around me then naturally that's what i tend to write about. Nuking would be too easy on the people inside. Just throw everyone in, chain up the doors and burn the fucker to the ground.

7- What are your hobbies behind music and sodomizing nuns?

Spending time with my family is all i do besides music.

8- Ok, thanks a lot for the intie, last comments?

Thanx and people need to buy vinyl. I love vinyl and hope it never goes away. Also, all you dumbasses who have these "myspace" bands need to quit it. Put out an actual release. hell, write some songs atleast. On second thought, don't write anything and GO AWAY!!

1 commento:

Rebecca ha detto...

great band and intie!